The Sacramento County Youth Impact Awards consists of five categories. The On-line Application Form instructs you to choose a single category that best represents your accomplishments and then in 550 words or less, address the category questions listed below:
The SCYC Youth Leadership Award recognizes those who have performed outstanding acts of leadership and demonstrated the ability to direct, motivate, and lead others towards a common goal.
- How have you displayed your leadership skills and what did you accomplish
- How did you motivate yourself and others to complete the task?
This award recognizes those who have fostered a long-standing commitment to a specific cause.
- What cause have you worked towards and what did this work accomplish? (Explain the events you’ve taken part in during your community service work).
- How did you become involved in this cause and where does your passion stem from?
This award recognizes those who have demonstrated the ability to share their knowledge and talents in a unique way. This could benefit either oneself or the community that you live in.
- Describe How you were able to apply your skills in relevant, useful ways.
- How will you be able to use your learned skills in the future?
This award recognizes those who have overcome a significant challenge in their life – a challenge that has contributed to who they are today.
- What adversity did you face and how did you overcome it?
- What did you learn by overcoming it, and did this period of grown create significant change in your life and/or the lives of others?
- Did overcoming this challenge help you achieve a goal you never thought you could achieve or bring new focus or commitment?